Monsoons can take a toll on your skin if you don’t take care of it properly, said dermatologist Dr Chytra Anand.
Skin care tips: do not apply too much makeup every day
- During the monsoon, apply less layers of makeup
- You should also choose water resistant makeup.
- Washing your face twice a day is essential for healthy skin
The monsoon season brings with it the much needed respite from the sweltering heat of summer. However, now is not necessarily the best time for your skin. Following a regular skin care routine is essential if you want healthy, glowing skin. But in addition to using various face creams and masks, it’s important to ensure that your skin receives essential nourishment throughout the year. It is important to change your routine according to the seasons, as this also has an effect on your skin. Dermatologist Dr Chytra V Anand has some very useful and effective tips for taking care of your skin during the rainy season. In a detailed social media post, she also talked about weather-appropriate makeup.
Skin Care Tips: Follow Them For Healthy Skin This Monsoon
Explaining through a video shared on his Instagram, Dr Anand said, “Go light on this makeup during the monsoon so your skin can breathe.” Use water-resistant makeup instead of regular makeup and limit the number of products you use during the monsoon, she said. “Blocking your pores and skin cells with too much product won’t let your skin breathe,” she said.
Dr Anand shared the video with the caption: âGo light on your product / makeup layers. Monsoon causes changes in humidity that affect the surface of our skin and the functions of our barrier.
Dr. Anand suggests the following tips to make sure your skin retains its natural glow during the rainy season:
1) Use lighter products during the monsoon.
2) Avoid too many layers of skincare and makeup products on your skin during the monsoon season as it will clog your pores.
3) Invest in waterproof makeup specifically for the eye area to prevent makeup from dripping onto your face.
4) Instead of using skin creams, switch to serums and lotions during this season as they are lighter and less oily.
5) Make sure the products you use are minimal and your skin is breathing.
6) Exfoliate your skin to unclog pores with active exfoliators.
Watch the full video here:
Follow them and say hello to healthy skin this monsoon.
Disclaimer: This content, including the tips, provides generic information only. It does not in any way replace qualified medical advice. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one-stop site for all of your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and advice with expert advice on healthy living, diets, informative videos and more. such as diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of more than 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable contributions and bringing us the latest news in the world of health.