Alliance ESL exists to cast vision, equip, and coach local churches to launch academically sound, evangelistically focused, cost-effective, and self-sustaining ESL ministries to reach the nations in the U.S.
immigrants are in the U.S.
1 in 7
people living in the U.S. were not born here.
of the population in the U.S. are immigrants.
Did You Know?
The number one need for the U.S. immigrant and refugee population is to learn English in order to survive in America. A close second is a friend to walk alongside them as they learn. When both things happen, not only do immigrants and refugees gain a valuable skill, they have an opportunity to find Christ and experience healing.
These Friendships Look Like:
- Helping them enroll their kids in school
- Assisting them in finding housing and jobs
- Explaining to them what doctors are communicating
- Protecting them from scammers
- Connecting them with community services
- Iglesia ACyM de Lawrence in New York had 102 students on their second week of classes. A Nicaraguan family from their ESL class began attending their church within a month!
- CrossPoint Alliance Church in Akron, Ohio, a church of 75 people, has seen over 1,000 students from 61 nations in the past 10 years! The program was led by 163 volunteers from 37 churches.
- Iglesia ACyM de Manassas in Virginia held a workshop with five Hispanic churches in 2022. Five of those students recently gave their life to Christ, and one was baptized!