posted on May 31, 2023
Campus Pastor and Director of Spiritual Formation at Crown College
The Campus Pastor and Director of Spiritual Formation provides leadership to advance the spiritual growth of Crown College students through discipleship and service efforts both locally and globally.
- Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
- 12-month position
- Start August 1, 2023
The director collaborates with other leaders to discern and strategize the best ways to promote holistic spiritual growth. This includes but is not limited to chapel, life together groups, service credit program, local outreach and service projects, and discipleship. The Campus Pastor and Director of Spiritual Formation reports to the Vice President of Student Development and also works closely with the President to determine direction and vision.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Coordinating campus-wide spiritual development and formation activities and programs, including chapel services, life together groups, service projects, local and global outreach, and prayer gatherings.
- Participate on the student development team in pursuing the fulfillment of divisional goals and objectives and the institution’s strategic plan.
- Supervising the department’s strategic planning, assessment, daily operations, and spiritual formation programming.
- Providing pastoral counseling and spiritual direction to students.
- Serving as a member of the Student Development team in collaborative programming and ministry for the development of student leaders.
- Supervisory responsibilities for professional staff members and student leaders serving as a coach and trainer.
- Management and oversight of the departmental budget.
- Collaborate well with other members of the community in developing spiritual formation goals and strategies.
- Represent the college at off-campus venues as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Personal and professional life integrates evangelical theology, Christ-like character, and Spirit-empowered experience.
- A love for students and a passion for Christian formation in a Christian college setting.
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and organizational, relational, and supervisory skills.
- Agree and support the college mission statement, statement of faith, and community covenant.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Licensed minister in an Evangelical Denomination
- Five (5) years of experience in pastoral ministry
- Master’s degree
- Licensed minister in The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Ten (10) years of experience in pastoral ministry
Email Cover Letter and Resume, preferably as pdf attachments to [email protected]