posted on January 1, 2023
Envision: Domestic Site Coordinator/Associate in the United States
Envision, a specialized structure of Alliance Missions, exists to identify and develop missional leaders through short-term missions opportunities and innovative ministry strategies. We are seeking an individual or couple with a heart for discipleship and leadership development who will work with Envision teams, interns, and residents. This individual or couple will also seek out partnerships and ministry opportunities within the local community.
- Develop a healthy, balanced framework for personal, community, and missional growth
- Create innovative ministry strategies to achieve Envision’s mission and vision
- Provide both spiritual and leadership development to Envision teams, interns, residents, and all other associated staff
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local businesses, organizations, and ministries in the community
- Host teams and interns, coordinating logistics for trips and ministry experiences
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 20
- Demonstrated proficiency in a vocation
- Leadership skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a gift of hospitality
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Beginning as early as summer/fall 2023. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program (as applicable), and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
Location will be determined during the application process.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Envision coordinators and associates receive one year of intensive language and cultural study as determined by location, paid for by The Alliance. If a couple is hired, both individuals are required to participate in language study.
Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required considerations include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Educational options will be discussed upon application, as necessary.